| The Bus is a lightweight
library for broadcasting messages and events to other components
in an asynchronous manner.
The goals of The Bus are:
- Offer a limited API for ease of use
- The library should not require existing classes to conform
to a specific class heirarchy to use the library (It is
acceptable to require interfaces to be implemented for subscribers
to The Bus).
- Enable messages and events to be extensible, thus allowing
for application specific subclasses to be passed around
- Depend on few third-party libraries to reduce overall
- Follow standard architecture and design patterns for clarity
The Bus was inspired by the Lotus
InfoBus library, while offering some slight twists and
a slimmed down API and using an LGPL
Below are links to all the important resources needed for
The Bus. You can also visit the Sourceforge
project to browse older releases, view
the CVS archive online, and report
a bug or feature request.